Monday, May 24, 2010

My "29th" Birthday

My sister threw me a surprise birthday party.



I don't know why she felt like my 29th birthday was special enough to celebrate.



I mean, I could understand 30. 30 is a milestone...but 29?



She did a fabulous job!!! It was so special...all of the attention to detail was so thoughtful.





And the cake was gorgeous!





This is my mom's favorite drink. I was playing around with my new camera, and my brother decided to stick his head in the background:





The food was really good. My brother-in-law grilled burgers.



Doesn't she have the prettiest back-patio?




These are hydrangeas from my sister-in-law's yard. I must be pretty special for her to have cut these babies.




I told her that one day she was going to come home from work and all of the blooms on her bushes were going to be gone..."So don't come knockin' on my door." hehe!

She INSISTED that I bring them home with me. :)

So, here they are Drea! On my night-stand.



And I had to include these pictures. My brother and sister-in-law have new kittens and they brought them to the party for the kids to play with. Caroline would not leave them alone.



Even though it may look like animal abuse, it's not. She's just giving them lots of love. :)

Anyone familiar with the cartoon "Tiny Toons?" Remember Elmira? The little girl who SQUEEZED kittens? LOL She would sing, "I love cats and I love kitties, squeeze them into itty-bitties." And then all of the kittens would start running as fast as they could! LOL



Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. I love all the details of the party decor. What a fun day for you. I'm guessing your mom's favorite drink is...white Zinfandel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! Your sister did a amazing job!!! Love the cake! I love the 29.95 part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Everything looked beautiful. And that first pic of Caroline is PRICELESS!! I wish we all lived closer!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!! It looks like you had a great time!!! Everything looked great. Isn't it nice to have a spring birthday to enjoy the flowers?
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete