Thursday, April 15, 2010

Night to Be

Here are some pictures from our Night to be Much Observed. Mom and Dad hosted at their house this year. Mike and I had plans to be with someone else that evening, but our plans had to be changed last minute.
We had a nice evening. There was beef brisket, cornish game hens, all sorts of vegetables, and of course desserts.
I have memories of this "night" from my past... I remember my parents hosting almost 50 people in their home. They would order whole prime ribs from Steak and Ale. People wouldn't leave until almost 2 a.m. My friends and I would go upstairs to my bedroom and just stay up late talking. Good memories. Don't know how my parents did it. Hope one day that I'll be half the good host that they are!

Call me a dork, but I was so super excited to get to make those tomato skewer things. Southern Living calls them "mini caprese bites."





Me, with the best husband on the planet. (sigh!) I am so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Just checking my profile. I'm such an idiot when it comes to this stuff!

    ReplyDelete