Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Dad's Birthday Breakfast

Happy Tuesday everyone!  My dad celebrated his birthday on Saturday and I decided to host a birthday breakfast for him at my home.  On the menu was beef tenderloin, biscuits, grilled beef sausage, scrambled eggs with potatoes and cheese, grits, and fresh fruit.  
I was looking for inspiration for setting the table, and I remembered that my husband planted some sunflowers next to our vegetable garden and reminded me that they were blooming.  Every time I go to the garden to get vegetables, I completely forget about looking at the sunflowers.  I walked out to the garden and sure enough, I had the prettiest red and golden sunflowers ready to be picked.  I combined them with some hydrangeas from my front yard.  The hydrangeas are on their way out and new ones are soon to be in bloom, so the hydrangeas are all kinds of shades of greens and purples right now.  Here is what it looked like.









I mixed and matched my plates, coffee cups and water glasses.  I really liked how it turned out.  








And here is what it looks like in reality.  :)  My precious boy and girl playing around my work-space.   My daughter is actually a big help and loves to help me decorate and host parties.  



Have a good day everyone!

Linking up to Wow Us Wednesdays.


2 comments:

  1. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Your sunflower centerpiece is vibrant and beautiful. Your breakfast menu sounds quite delicious! Looking forward to seeing photos from his special breakfast birthday party.
    Have a great week!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost the end of 2015....
    we're all waiting for something new to be amazed at!
    Get going?

    ReplyDelete