Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Thinking outside the box...about jewelry.

Hello all!

Who else out there has a jewelry box?  You know what I mean...  One of those wooden boxes with all of the drawers, and you have soooo much jewelry that you can't even close the drawers or the top of it because your jewelry is spilling out of it.  Well, I do.  Technically, I still do, even though it is in the closet right now, hidden from all eyes.  

I've been wanting to find a way to organize my jewelry, but in an attractive way.  I have no hidden space in my closet to hang up one of those cute, Pinterest-y, fabric boards with the kitchen hardware.  You know what I'm talking about.  :)  

Now I don't expect everyone out there to LOVE what I've chosen to do, but for now, it works for me.  I found this shelf at Kirklands.  It has faux, crystal door knobs which I thought would be perfect for hanging my necklaces.



So the dresser is not what I want it to be...  I still need to paint the dresser to match the pillow on the bed.  Suggestions are welcome.  :)  I just bought a new lampshade for my "trailer park" lamp.  Yep.  I bought the lamp at a yard sale at a really, dumpy trailer park.  I gave it a coat of spray paint and I do love it.  I especially love it now that it has the new shade.    I will show you the NEW shade in a post on another day.  I am also going to get a piece of granite for the top of the dresser.  

Here are some close-ups for the shelf...



I also added some little bowls to the top of the shelf for my rings, bracelets and earrings...






So there it is.  My way of getting my jewelry out of that out-dated, kind-a-ugly, small, jewelry box.  Hope you enjoyed it and hope it inspired you.


Have a good week everyone!

Linking up to Wow Us Wednsedays!

No comments:

Post a Comment