Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bed-sharing

My husband and I share our bed with our little girl.
Yes, it's true. Everything I said I would never do as a parent, I am now doing.
She sleeps right in the middle of us. We have never had more back pain or neck pain in our lives.
So, I was inspired to move her baby-bed downstairs to our bedroom the other night. My husband took the front railing off of it and raised the mattress up so that her mattress would be level with ours. She got in her baby-bed when it was time to go "night-night," but as soon as my Mike turned the lights out, she starts crawling over me to squeeze herself in between us. When I woke up at 1:00 a.m. I moved her to her baby-bed. It was "heaven!"
So, last night, she refused to touch the baby-bed. She slept next to it, but not IN it. At some point her pacifier (yes, she still takes one, and I LOVE it, so don't judge me!) fell on the floor. At 2:00 a.m. she wakes up asking for it. So, I got Mike to turn on his lamp so that I could find it. While he is reaching under the bed looking for it, Caroline gets up, walks onto her baby-bed and starts jumping on the bed! Mike and I both say at the same time, "You've GOT to be kidding me!"
I mean, it's two o'clock in the morning. How do you go from sleep to jumping?
WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment